POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : image_map cylinderical mapping: How to wrap image only half around? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  image_map cylinderical mapping: How to wrap image only half around? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Icetoaster
Subject: image_map cylinderical mapping: How to wrap image only half around?
Date: 6 May 2006 18:25:00
Message: <web.445d21af805f09d2301b9f60@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a image_map like this one:
cylinder { <0,0,0>,<0,2.5,0>, 0.40
  texture{
   pigment{ image_map{ png "mypic.png"
    map_type 2 // cylindrical mapping
    once interpolate 2 }
   }
   scale <0.5,1,0.5>
  }

The image is wrapped around 360 deg of the cylinder.
How can I wrap it only around half of the cylinder (180 deg) or how can I
map the image only in an arbitrary degree sector?

I fumbled around with scaling the texture, but scaling x and z does not
have any effect on the result.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help!

Post a reply to this message