POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : DFX conversion Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:42 EDT (-0400)
  DFX conversion (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Lonnie
Subject: DFX conversion
Date: 21 Mar 2006 21:25:01
Message: <web.4420b5037636a34ccb42fdf90@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a utility to convert DFX files (Blender, 3DS MAX) to
POV-Ray SDL?

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas Baier
Subject: Re: DFX conversion
Date: 22 Mar 2006 00:55:13
Message: <jlp122hgdd0n8qs0ioht110ihkrr1qg9m1@4ax.com>
On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:22:59 EST, "Lonnie" <lon### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

just look at 3DWin: www.tb-software.com

B&R

-tb

>Does anyone know of a utility to convert DFX files (Blender, 3DS MAX) to
>POV-Ray SDL?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lonnie
Date: 22 Mar 2006 10:30:00
Message: <web.44216d4c5b4928eecb42fdf90@news.povray.org>
> just look at 3DWin: www.tb-software.com

Thanx - this looks very promising.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 22 Mar 2006 10:40:00
Message: <web.44216f3f5b4928eeb1b469160@news.povray.org>
"Lonnie" <lon### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a utility to convert DFX files (Blender, 3DS MAX) to
> POV-Ray SDL?

There is also PoseRay, which is popular.
 http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Lonnie
Date: 22 Mar 2006 15:00:00
Message: <web.4421ab955b4928eecb42fdf90@news.povray.org>
> There is also PoseRay, which is popular.

I am learning why it's popular.  As a matter of fact, I installed PoseRay
right before reading this.  And the price was right :) Up until now I had
used POV mainly for architectural models done with CSG.  Now I have access
to 3ds max and maya at work, and am learning blender at home.  It's great
that I can still jump right into the familiar old sdl code generated.

Post a reply to this message

> > There is also PoseRay, which is popular.
>
> I am learning why it's popular.  As a matter of fact, I installed PoseRay
> right before reading this.  And the price was right :) Up until now I had
> used POV mainly for architectural models done with CSG.  Now I have access
> to 3ds max and maya at work, and am learning blender at home.  It's great
> that I can still jump right into the familiar old sdl code generated.

You could always try Moray.
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/
It is shareware and it has its own sections in this newsgroup. It has been a
bit quiet recently and we could do with answering some questions. :-)

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> It is shareware and it has its own sections in this newsgroup. It has been a
> bit quiet recently and we could do with answering some questions. :-)
>
> Stephen

I HAVE tried Moray, but it constantly crashed.  I still can't figure out
why after a year of trying.  There must be a conflict with something else I
have installed.  Posting in the Moray forum brought no help.

Post a reply to this message

> > It is shareware and it has its own sections in this newsgroup. It has been a
> > bit quiet recently and we could do with answering some questions. :-)
> >
> > Stephen
>
> I HAVE tried Moray, but it constantly crashed.  I still can't figure out
> why after a year of trying.  There must be a conflict with something else I
> have installed.  Posting in the Moray forum brought no help.

Nor did it! If you want to try again  but with some more detail of what
happens.
A couple of steps you could do, if you are happy modifying the registry is;
1. Uninstall Moray
2. Backup your registry
3. run regedit
4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERS -> Software -> SoftTronics. Then delete
that entry.
5. Do the same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> SoftTronics.
6. Exit regedit and reboot
7. Reinstall Moray.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message