POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How can I change Final_Frame in a .pov-script? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  How can I change Final_Frame in a .pov-script? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Aksel
Subject: How can I change Final_Frame in a .pov-script?
Date: 25 Jan 2006 13:10:00
Message: <web.43d7bdda4f361f34d9a003e90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Anyone who knows how to change the "Final_Frame"-variable in a .pov-script?

My program reads the number of frames together with an array of positions
and orientations of the object I animate from a text file. The number of
frames may vary depending on which simulation (in Matlab) I have performed
with the object. I do not use the 'clock' variable if that is of any
importance.

Regards,
Aksel

Post a reply to this message

> Anyone who knows how to change the "Final_Frame"-variable in a .pov-script?
>
> My program reads the number of frames together with an array of positions
> and orientations of the object I animate from a text file. The number of
> frames may vary depending on which simulation (in Matlab) I have performed
> with the object. I do not use the 'clock' variable if that is of any
> importance.

You cannot change 'the "Final_Frame"-variable in a .pov-script'. You need to
set this either in the scene's INI file or on the command-line. using this
option is detailed in documentation.

If you are a new users to POV-Ray, I would strongly recommend reading the
documentation first, then ask remaining questions in either povray.general
or povray.newusers .

	Thorsten