POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  shadows and transparent textures (transparency map) (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Slime
Subject: Re: shadows and transparent textures (transparency map)
Date: 15 Mar 2005 14:54:59
Message: <42373d93@news.povray.org>
> have you got any idea of how to implement specular maps and shininess
maps?
> 3DS materials can have both of them.

Specularity/reflection are properties specified in the finish{} block. Since
you can't have a finish map in the official version of POV-Ray, you have to
use a texture_map. So you might want to predefine your pigment and use it in
each entry of the texture_map:

#declare thepigment = pigment {...}
texture {
    tga "finishmap.tga"
    texture_map {
        [0 pigment{thepigment} finish{specular 0}]
        [0 pigment{thepigment} finish{specular 1}]
    }
}

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]