POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Very odd effect in an animation... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Very odd effect in an animation... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Carl
Subject: Very odd effect in an animation...
Date: 30 Jan 2005 18:40:01
Message: <web.41fd6f6253e7090a29d4ff530@news.povray.org>
Check out this animation: (174,908 bytes)
http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/test1.gif

Now check out this one: (172,434 bytes)
http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/test2.gif

The second one is how the animation SHOULD look.  The 5th frame in the
first one has the BLUE bike in the wrong location.  It's placed it at x=0
for some reason that's beyond me.  The only difference between the code
that produced the first animation and the second is the array I've declared
that defines the path of the RED bike.  In the first animation I used:

  #declare path1 = array[4]
  {<10-0.5,0,21>, <10-0.5,0,25>, <11-0.5,0,25>, <11-0.5,0,30>};

In the second animation I used:

  #declare path1 = array[4]
  {<9.5,0,21>, <9.5,0,25>, <10.5,0,25>, <10.5,0,30>};

The path the BLUE bike follows in both animations is defines by this array:

  #declare path3 = array[2]
  {<11.5,0,18>, <11.5,0,28>};

Is there something wrong with the way I declared path1 in the first
animation?  If so it seemed to work as expected in 10 of 11 frames.  Any
ideas?  I'll post all the code if need be.

Thanks,
Carl

Post a reply to this message