POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: "Magic" plane Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Magic" plane (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: levitatingbrain
Subject: Re: "Magic" plane
Date: 25 Aug 2004 14:40:01
Message: <web.412cdc5c5b241095af8406760@news.povray.org>
Sounds like you want a flux map "object"

here is an example of a 3D fluxmap:
http://www.tigco.com/images/illustrations/3Dfluxwprism.gif

2D would be good too.

 Personally, I use povray to simulate optical systems with LED's, lenses,
apertures, reflectors and prisms. (science)
 It would be nice to have a "x units by y units plane" to map on along with
a calibrator object that gets placed near the light source or what ever is
being compaired in the scene. The map would get
colorized as a percentage of intensity relative to the calibrator object.

Does this sound like what your asking for?

I think we need to post an official request.