POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Zazzle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Zazzle (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Andrew Coppin
Subject: Zazzle
Date: 22 Apr 2003 14:19:03
Message: <3ea58797$1@news.povray.org>
OK, I know it's *slightly* off-topic here...

A while back I asked what Zazzle was, and someone kindly answered me.
(Buggered if I can find the thread now though!!! Can't even remember which
group - although I suspect it was binarys.images...) Anyway, at the time it
was under reconstruction.

Just the other day (Thursday in fact), I suddenly remembered that
conversation, and went back to check again. Zazzle is now back, and I
finally found out what it is for myself. Let me just say I was overcome by
an intense sense of extreme coolness. This website is possibly the most
fantastic thing I've ever come across!

Anyway, calming myself down to the point where I can hold an intelligent
conversation*, I have two questions:

* [...that doesn't feature non-existant words like "coolness"]

1. Has anyone here ever actually used this thing? I mean, they make it sound
like their printing is totally out of this world... but then, they're
supposed to, aren't they? Have any un-biased people actually seen the goods
for themselves?

2. All the prices seem to be in USD. Can you change that? Does anyone know
the current exchange rate? Will they accept payment in Pounds Sterling? Do
they deliver to UK destinations?

(OK, that was actually about *5* questions, but who's counting?)

Thanks.
Andrew.

[Will try to stay on-topic in future - honest!]

Post a reply to this message

>1. Has anyone here ever actually used this thing? I mean, they make it sound
>like their printing is totally out of this world... but then, they're
>supposed to, aren't they? Have any un-biased people actually seen the goods
>for themselves?

I bought a large print on matte canvas of The wet bird by Gilles Tran and
I'm very happy with it (and I'm very demanding).

The "Zazzle site is open" thread in povray.general last month might have
some more info for you.

Post a reply to this message