POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : simulating camera output using calibration matrix Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  simulating camera output using calibration matrix (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ahrivera
Subject: simulating camera output using calibration matrix
Date: 25 Mar 2003 01:25:10
Message: <web.3e7ff5478d8d2a7b3ff2087f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to simulate the output of a real camera using pov ray.  The way
that I'm doing it is that I determine the camera calibration matrix of the
real camera:

[ fx a*fx cx ]
[ 0  fy   cy ]
[ 0  0    1  ]

Here
fx = mx*f
fy = my*f
Where, 1/mx and 1/my are the pixel size dimensions.

Usually a=0

From what I've read fy/fy gives me the aspect ratio of the image.  What I
don't
know is how to extract the field of view and the focal length information
from this matrix.

I want to use only the calibration matrix information to render the image.
I don't want to assume anything about the focal length and the pixel
dimensions because in the case of my camera, I don't have that information.

Has anybody seen work related to this?  Or anybody has any input on how to
approach the problem?

I will greatly appreciate your comments,
Thanks
ALexis

Post a reply to this message