POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction? (Message 1 to 10 of 45)
From: Jim Kress
Subject: How does one test to see if a triangle's verticies are arranged in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction?
Date: 28 Jun 2002 13:09:38
Message: <3d1c9852$1@news.povray.org>
How does one test to see if a triangle's vertices are arranged in a
clockwise or counter clockwise direction?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 28 Jun 2002 13:20:43
Message: <3d1c9aeb@news.povray.org>
Jim Kress <kre### [at] kressworkscom> wrote:
> How does one test to see if a triangle's vertices are arranged in a
> clockwise or counter clockwise direction?

  Looking from which side?

From: Jim Kress
Date: 28 Jun 2002 14:12:20
Message: <3d1ca704$1@news.povray.org>
>   Looking from which side?

I am presented with a list of vertices (and their Cartesian coordinates) and
a set of triples that specify the vertex numbers for each triangle.  That is
all the information I have

How would I find out which side I am looking and then the direction?

Jim

Post a reply to this message