POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : equations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  equations (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Kurts
Subject: equations
Date: 26 Feb 2004 13:02:23
Message: <kurtzlepirate-2EFE3A.19022226022004@news.povray.org>
hi,

do you think i'ts possible to use this kind of equation to make pov object :

  x = f(u,v)
  y = g(u,v)
  z = h(u,v)

  and how ?

  thanks for your ideas.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: equations
Date: 26 Feb 2004 13:21:54
Message: <d1q1h1-udg.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Kurts wrote:
> hi,
>
> do you think i'ts possible to use this kind of equation to make pov object :
>
>   x = f(u,v)
>   y = g(u,v)
>   z = h(u,v)
>
>   and how ?

Looks like a parametric:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/parametric.htm

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 26 Feb 2004 13:31:51
Message: <Xns949BC6ADC2719seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:kurtzlepirate-2EFE3A.19022226022004@news.povray.org Kurts
wrote:

> do you think i'ts possible to use this kind of equation to make pov
> object :
>
>   x = f(u,v)
>   y = g(u,v)
>   z = h(u,v)

Looks like a parametric object, section 6.5.5 from the docs, or as a macro
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/#param

Ingo

Post a reply to this message