POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Normal Vectors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Normal Vectors (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tailkinker
Subject: Normal Vectors
Date: 13 Feb 2003 11:15:00
Message: <3e4bc484$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a tutorial or something available for determining normal vectors
for use in a mesh?  The POV documentation states that since calculating
these manually is quite laborious, they are normally done with a computer
program...but I can't write said program without the math to do it!

--
ICQ#66022322

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:52:08 +0000, Tailkinker <gro### [at] yahoocouk> wrote:
> Is there a tutorial or something available for determining normal vectors
> for use in a mesh?  The POV documentation states that since calculating
> these manually is quite laborious, they are normally done with a computer
> program...but I can't write said program without the math to do it!

You mean calculation of normals for vertices to make mesh smooth ? This is
included in standard distribution in HF_* macros but you can of course find it
online via http://www.google.com/search?q=normal+vectors+from+triangles

ABX