POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : accuracy of global illumination Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  accuracy of global illumination (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bluefox
Subject: accuracy of global illumination
Date: 2 Mar 2006 04:25:00
Message: <web.4406b982f1a49144c7e8f0f90@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I would like to use povray for a scientific application in which I need to
accurately (<=1%) calculate global illumination in simple, idealized
geometries with area sources. Does anybody know or have experience with how
accurate povray is? Are there any hidden simplifications that inhibit an
exact, physically correct calculation?

Post a reply to this message