POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: media fire Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media fire (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: media fire
Date: 14 Dec 2000 17:34:13
Message: <chrishuff-93EE4F.17351214122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a394566.8957677@news.povray.org>, j.l### [at] liberoit
(Jonathan Rafael Ghiglia) wrote:

> I made a candle lit with an emission media.
> When the background is black the flames look right, but as soon as I
> add the candle to my scene the fire looks too clear, even if I
> increase the amount of emission. What should I do?
> Should I add absorption or scattering media to the fire ?

(seems I'm doing this a lot lately...)
This doesn't really have anything specifically to do with patches(though
the media sampling features of MegaPOV can be helpful, and some of the
new patterns would be useful), so it should probably be posted in
povray.advanced-users, not povray.unofficial.patches. I set the
Follup-To header to .advanced-users.

In answer to your question, some absorbing media should help a lot.
Emitting media only adds to what is behind it, so you can only overpower
things seen through it, but absorbing media blocks light, which will
make your flame appear more "solid". Use the opposite color you used for
emission, in other words "rgb < 1, 1, 1>-EmisionColor".

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message