POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : additional output Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  additional output (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: additional output
Date: 24 Jun 2002 08:45:27
Message: <Xns9237959B9D7DBraf256com@204.213.191.226>
Hi,
I was wondering - would this be difficult to oputput additional
informations from POV-RAY, like i.e.
- distance from camer of some point (can be useful to use in some other
programs, games etc)
- is sky sphere / background hit - can be used for making transparent gif's
- as above, but in % for partial transparent objects (AFAIR, this is
possible now, by usnig .png file)
- saving ID of object useful for games, programs.

Example :
sky_sphere { ... NameId 0 }
object { MonsterHead NameId 1 }
object { MonsterBody NameId 2 }

an example output file (monster.id)

5,5
monster.pov PovRay 3.5 Beta
0,0,0,0,0
0,0,1,0,0
0,1,1,1,0
0,0,2,0,0
2,2,2,2,2
2,2,2,2,2

This file can be used in game to implement diffrent damage for parts of
monster sprite

making additional output files should be realy easy, and very usefully.
I will try to write some code (ANSII C), but I'll need help with puting
this code togeather with main POV sources, will somebody help me :) ?