POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lunar crater with isosurfaces ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Lunar crater with isosurfaces ? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: Lunar crater with isosurfaces ?
Date: 18 Sep 2003 12:44:45
Message: <3f69e0fd$1@news.povray.org>
Can somebody help me to do this ?! I've uded a cylindrical pigment to make
it but I don't know how to make it softly (soft edges of the crater) and
combine with anothe function to replace crater's edge by rocks or collapsed
edge... Thanks

Post a reply to this message

> Can somebody help me to do this ?! I've uded a cylindrical pigment to make
> it but I don't know how to make it softly (soft edges of the crater) and
> combine with anothe function to replace crater's edge by rocks or collapsed
> edge... Thanks

You can try modellling the crater with a spline function and use it like:

function {
   y - f_spline_crater(f_r(x, 0, z)).x
}

Christoph