POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : use of i_dat3d Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  use of i_dat3d (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ingo
Subject: use of i_dat3d
Date: 13 Apr 2000 15:25:11
Message: <8F15D90A2seed7@204.213.191.228>
I'm playing with the MRI data of:
ftp://www-itg.lbl.gov/pub/Whole.Frog/tomato/tomato.data.Z  (200 kB)
The set has a dimension : 256x256x64 unsigned byte pixel.
I'm having some problems with it, I think.

difference {
   isosurface {
      function {
    	   "data_3D_1",
         <1.0>,
         library "i_dat3d",
         "tomato.data",
         <256, 256, 64, 1>
      }
      contained_by {sphere{0,10}}
      threshold 0.9
      max_gradient 10
   }
   box {<-20,-20,-10>,<20,20,0>}
   pigment { rgb 1}
}

When I render this it looks strangely symmetric, as if one segment is
mirrored a few times.
How big should the object be? The container has a radius of 10 and it looks
like there is more. But when I increase the radius a sphere starts
appearing in the middle.
What am I doing wrong? Or are the data not suitable?

Ingo

I ran into this same problem when making my own data files. The data file is
starting at <0,0,0> and going off in each direction. Try making your
contained_by object like this instead:

 contained_by {sphere{<10,-10,-10>,10}}

--
Samuel Benge