POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Outputting the outlines of a scene Server Time
16 Apr 2024 10:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Outputting the outlines of a scene (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Outputting the outlines of a scene
Date: 16 Feb 2020 18:08:05
Message: <5e49cb55$1@news.povray.org>
I want to create an imagemap with hotspots based on the following
POV-Ray scene:

https://mjhorvath.github.io/Datsville/docs/high-resolution-render/high-resolution-render.html

I was wondering if there were maybe some way of automating the process,
by outputting the outlines of the objects that I can later vectorize in
Illustrator or Inkscape?

I know someone made a vector outline tool for Blender, but I'm not sure
how it works, or if it works _well_ at all.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> I want to create an imagemap with hotspots based on the following
> POV-Ray scene:

https://mjhorvath.github.io/Datsville/docs/high-resolution-render/high-resolution-render.html

> I was wondering if there were maybe some way of automating the process,
> by outputting the outlines of the objects that I can later vectorize in
> Illustrator or Inkscape?
>
> I know someone made a vector outline tool for Blender, but I'm not sure
> how it works, or if it works _well_ at all.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks so much!
>

> Michael

Hi, Blender's Freestyle is a an edge rendering engine. It can directly render
these edges to an SVG file,but it's by default a hidden option that gets
revealed if you check all freesstyle related checkboxes in the addons tab of
Blenders preference window.

Post a reply to this message

> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> Hi, Blender's Freestyle is a an edge rendering engine. It can directly render
> these edges to an SVG file,but it's by default a hidden option that gets
> revealed if you check all freesstyle related checkboxes in the addons tab of
> Blenders preference window.

I saw a video demoing this. Do you know how it is implemented internally
in Blender?

Depth map differences?

Bill P.