POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : iso_rcsg.inc Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  iso_rcsg.inc (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: iso_rcsg.inc
Date: 18 Apr 2006 12:33:58
Message: <444514f6$1@news.povray.org>
Can someone explain what the iso_rcsg.inc functions do?  I am not sure
what "rounded" means.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: iso_rcsg.inc
Date: 18 Apr 2006 20:47:05
Message: <44458889$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/04/2006 12:32:
> Can someone explain what the iso_rcsg.inc functions do?  I am not sure
> what "rounded" means.
It's a tool to make iso_surfaces shapes whose edges are round rather than sharp like
those of normal
primitives like a box.

--
Alain
Fundamentalism #3: Shit must be born again.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Apr 2006 04:20:03
Message: <e24ri7$jd4$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Can someone explain what the iso_rcsg.inc functions do?  I am not sure
> what "rounded" means.

The macros in iso_rcsg.inc generate distance functions for the shapes
they represent while the normal macros in iso_csg.inc just ensure the
function is zero at the shape surface.

Note there are a lot of shapes that have a distance function macro in
iso_csg.inc (like sphere, torus, triangle) so they don't need a separate
one in iso_rcsg.inc.

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 14 Mar. 2006)

From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Apr 2006 17:26:08
Message: <4447fc70@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> Can someone explain what the iso_rcsg.inc functions do?  I am not sure
>> what "rounded" means.
>

> The macros in iso_rcsg.inc generate distance functions for the shapes
> they represent while the normal macros in iso_csg.inc just ensure the
> function is zero at the shape surface.
>
> Note there are a lot of shapes that have a distance function macro in
> iso_csg.inc (like sphere, torus, triangle) so they don't need a separate
> one in iso_rcsg.inc.
>
> Christoph

Thanks Christoph.  Could you suggest a test that would show up the
difference?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Apr 2006 17:30:26
Message: <4447fd72$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> Jim Charter nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 18/04/2006 12:32:
>
>> Can someone explain what the iso_rcsg.inc functions do?  I am not sure
>> what "rounded" means.
>
> It's a tool to make iso_surfaces shapes whose edges are round rather
> than sharp like those of normal primitives like a box.

Well the file includes macros for both IC_Box and IC_Round_Box

Post a reply to this message

From: ABX
Date: 21 Apr 2006 09:11:25
Message: <75mh42dhn75km1503uj7a9od3n34idg7nh@4ax.com>
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:24:43 -0400, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Thanks Christoph.  Could you suggest a test that would show up the
> difference?

I was posting some test screens at the time I was working on it:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cfan39ugtbuhev280korg4ot4mm11irktlv%404ax.com%3E/

HTH,

ABX