POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Instantiation and terminiation....OOP & Povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:34:29 EDT (-0400)
  Instantiation and terminiation....OOP & Povray? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mike
Subject: Instantiation and terminiation....OOP & Povray?
Date: 24 Jan 2006 22:50:01
Message: <web.43d6f47f30dfb549a12b420@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to using Povvray's SDL to simply instantiate an object X at a
specified moment in time (somewhere between 0.0 and 1.0) and then
terminate it at a specific moment in time (between 0.0 and 1.0). If so,
this would really help with an AI Animation I'm working on where I must
maintain and print out complex multi-demonsional arrays into spline paths.

All thoughts great appreciated!

-mike

http://www.mydis.org

Post a reply to this message

"Mike" <inf### [at] mydisorg> wrote in message
> Is there a way to using Povvray's SDL to simply instantiate an object X at
> specified moment in time (somewhere between 0.0 and 1.0) and then
> terminate it at a specific moment in time (between 0.0 and 1.0). If so,
> this would really help with an AI Animation I'm working on where I must
> maintain and print out complex multi-demonsional arrays into spline paths.
>
> All thoughts great appreciated!
>
> -mike
>
> http://www.mydis.org

Yes.
You simply add the object to the scene within a clause that is conditional
upon the clock value. Fore example:

#if (clock>0.42 & clock<0.84)
  sphere {...}
#end

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

>Is there a way to using Povvray's SDL to simply instantiate an object X at a
>specified moment in time (somewhere between 0.0 and 1.0) and then
>terminate it at a specific moment in time (between 0.0 and 1.0). If so,
>this would really help with an AI Animation I'm working on where I must
>maintain and print out complex multi-demonsional arrays into spline paths.

#if ((clock > 0.25) & (clock > 0.75))
  object {X}
#end

--