POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Max. Reflectons in POV v3.6 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Max. Reflectons in POV v3.6 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Catseyeman
Subject: Max. Reflectons in POV v3.6
Date: 26 Mar 2005 16:20:00
Message: <web.4245d15ceb0ea2db1c4ca2380@news.povray.org>
I'm am using v3.6 to build a simulation of the optical components of a
mirror-type telescope during actual mirror alignment exercises and I need
to be able to ray trace reflections between a series of opposing mirrors
beyond 5 reflections of an object.  Is there any way (undocumented in the
reference and tutorial) to increase POV's 5-reflection limitation?

Catseyeman

Post a reply to this message

global_settings { max_trace_level Level }
Can be raised to 256.

Andy Cocker

"Catseyeman" <fly### [at] catseyecollimationcom> wrote in message
> I'm am using v3.6 to build a simulation of the optical components of a
> mirror-type telescope during actual mirror alignment exercises and I need
> to be able to ray trace reflections between a series of opposing mirrors
> beyond 5 reflections of an object.  Is there any way (undocumented in the
> reference and tutorial) to increase POV's 5-reflection limitation?
>
> Catseyeman

Post a reply to this message