POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Copyright problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Nicolas Rougier
Subject: Copyright problem
Date: 12 Feb 2005 05:59:36
Message: <420de198@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I would like to publish sources of the baby gnu and baby tux on the FSF
site (image is in p.b.i) but I have a problem with Chris Colefax spline
macro because I did not find what kind of license is attached. I tried
to mail to him but got no news so far.

I use its macro for tongue and aisles of the baby tux and I would like
to know what other (GPL) solutions may exist to make this kind of spline
with blob ? (sources of the tux have been posted in p.t.s-f some time ago)

So far, one solution I found would be to make the spline macro print all
objects it generates and include this output directly within sources but
that would be quite fastidious to write I imagine.

Does anyone see another solution ? Or does anyone know the type of
license attached to the spline macro file ?

Nicolas

Post a reply to this message

> I would like to publish sources of the baby gnu and baby tux on the FSF
> site (image is in p.b.i) but I have a problem with Chris Colefax spline
> macro because I did not find what kind of license is attached. I tried
> to mail to him but got no news so far.

I'm not sure, but with a little effort you could either write your own
spline-macro, or you could look and see if what you've got isn't possible
with the splines from POV-Ray. You could also use my spline-macros, if you
want to, I wouldn't mind. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--