POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Speaking of Mathematics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of Mathematics (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Speaking of Mathematics
Date: 6 Dec 2004 14:01:32
Message: <41b4ac8c$1@news.povray.org>
Someone posted a scene involving a spline. It interested me, I played
with it.... I liked it... it was neat, I hadn't messed around with
splines much in the past, but natural spline seems to be nice.

Anyway, the critter (ever endearing spline critter, that is) inspired me
to make some sort of arbitrary_object_sweep type object. I played around
with it some more, banged my head against a few dozen brick walls, and
finally threw up my hands.

All I wanted to do was take 2 points, get a vector, normalize it, and
calculate the X,Y and Z rotations to reorient it..

this is what I had so far:

(d is the normalised vector

#local rx = degrees(acos(vdot(d, <0, d.y, d.z>)));
#local ry = degrees(acos(vdot(d, <d.x, 0, d.z>)));
#local rz = degrees(acos(vdot(d, <d.x, d.y, 0>)));

But... it still doesn't seem quite right.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message