POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Magnetic Fields - Part I Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Magnetic Fields - Part I (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Andrew the Orchid
Subject: Magnetic Fields - Part I
Date: 1 Oct 2004 09:09:46
Message: <415d571a$1@news.povray.org>
How do I make POV-Ray do this?

http://www.wondermagnet.com/viewingfilm.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Magnetic Fields - Part I
Date: 1 Oct 2004 09:22:47
Message: <Xns95759C73B2BC8jgrimbertmeandmyself@203.29.75.35>

> How do I make POV-Ray do this?
>
> http://www.wondermagnet.com/viewingfilm.html

Fake it! With an image_map/grey
The green/cyan part should get a kind of Luminous finish,
whereas the black part should get a classical Dull/Shiny/Glossy one.

To save you some time, I believe:

texture {pigment { color (Cyan+Green)/2} finish {ambient 0.7 diffuse 0.3} }

should just be want you need for the brighter part.

--

l'habillement, les chaussures que le maquillage et les accessoires.