POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : OO pov follow up Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  OO pov follow up (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tek
Subject: OO pov follow up
Date: 11 Mar 2004 23:16:39
Message: <405139a7$1@news.povray.org>
I've decided to stop working on my OO ideas for pov. The animation I was working
on that would have used it has got too close to the irtc deadline with nothing
to show so far and I figure it's not worth proceeding with (it's not exactly a
terribly interesting idea for an animation anyway).

I might revisit the OO concepts at a later date should I ever have a use for
them, but for now I'll leave the subject alone. I got as far as a *nearly*
working system for specifying, creating, and destroying structs containing
multiple variables of different types (only the deletion didn't quite work).
This was all done in pov's macro language.

If anyone here is interested in seeing what I've done so far I can post the
code.

Cheers
--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

> I've decided to stop working on my OO ideas for pov. The animation I was working
> on that would have used it has got too close to the irtc deadline with nothing
> to show so far and I figure it's not worth proceeding with (it's not exactly a
> terribly interesting idea for an animation anyway).
>
> I might revisit the OO concepts at a later date should I ever have a use for
> them, but for now I'll leave the subject alone. I got as far as a *nearly*
> working system for specifying, creating, and destroying structs containing
> multiple variables of different types (only the deletion didn't quite work).
> This was all done in pov's macro language.
>
> If anyone here is interested in seeing what I've done so far I can post the
> code.
>
> Cheers

I'd be interested in seeing it.

JC