POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fireballs and flash fires Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Fireballs and flash fires (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Klemen
Subject: Fireballs and flash fires
Date: 14 Dec 2003 05:55:20
Message: <3fdc4198$1@news.povray.org>
Hello folks,

I've been trying to get a decent rendition of an explosion, eg. a fireball
or any kind of fire, for that matter. Problem is, POV-Ray's 3.1g
documentation with its abandoned 'halo' object had a great tutorial on how
to build up a decent pattern and distorion to make a fire look realistic.
Looking through the documentation now, it seems it just got lost
somewhere...

Does anyone have any references or examples to show how to construct proper
density patterns and maps for such occasions?

    Thanks,

    -Klemen

Post a reply to this message

> I've been trying to get a decent rendition of an explosion,

http://runevision.com/3d/anims/

I don't know if he's got any code on his site, but you can contact him about
his blow-up animation if he doesn't reply here.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

http://users3.ev1.net/~povstudy/expose/expose.htm
http://objects.povworld.org/cat/Burning_and_Fire/
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~ddube1/fire/Project%20Journal.htm

--
Tom
_________________________________

Post a reply to this message

>> I've been trying to get a decent rendition
>> of an explosion,
>
> http://runevision.com/3d/anims/
>
> I don't know if he's got any code on his site,
> but you can contact him about his blow-up
> animation if he doesn't reply here.

For the record it doesn't use media, but semi-transparent textured
spheres.

The source code for a simplified version of that animation is a demo
file for my particle system:
http://athlon1700/3d/include/particles/

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Sep 28**