POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: UV mapping problem ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV mapping problem ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: UV mapping problem ?
Date: 18 Nov 2003 11:51:07
Message: <3fba4dfb$1@news.povray.org>

news:3fba4a04@news.povray.org...

> Source and mage_map joined.

Oops, binaries are only for binaries groups ! You can delete your posts and
reposts them in binaries.images.

> I made an merge (or union) object and I apply an uv_mapped image_map on it
> the mapping work on the boxed face, but seems to be repeated on the
> cylinder... whats the bug ?

Not a bug. AFAIK uv_mapping for a primitive is supposed to work for this
primitive only. In this case, you applied the uv_mapping meant for the box{}
primitive to a complex merge object. It can't work properly.

To create the right effect, you must create maps for each (primitive) part
of the final object, and then put the object together, or you can use a
mesh2 object instead. Generally speaking, uvmapping of primitives is much
more limited than the uvmapping of meshes, but of course you need a modeller
and a uvmapper to create uv-mapped meshes.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message