POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question / feature request (?) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Question / feature request (?) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Question / feature request (?)
Date: 9 Nov 2003 05:14:34
Message: <3fae138a@news.povray.org>
I have a question about povray data typing.

I would like to write a general macro that would take an array and
output it either to standard output or to a file. The fact is that I
don't know if the elements are float values, vectors, objects or
transforms (which couldn't be output of course), or even others arrays.

So my question is : is there a way to know ??

Thanks,

JC

Post a reply to this message

> I have a question about povray data typing.
>
> I would like to write a general macro that would take an array and
> output it either to standard output or to a file. The fact is that I
> don't know if the elements are float values, vectors, objects or
> transforms (which couldn't be output of course), or even others arrays.
>
> So my question is : is there a way to know ??

The next version of MegaPOV will contain a feature to determine the type
of a variable.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

That's great ! Is it going to be included in the official version some
time too ?

I was actually trying to do a bit more than just printing an array, I
wanted to write some general data structuring macros with type creation,
object instanciation and save/load. So I'm looking forward this feature. :-)

JC

Christoph Hormann wrote:
> JC (Exether) wrote:
>
>> I have a question about povray data typing.
>>
>> I would like to write a general macro that would take an array and
>> output it either to standard output or to a file. The fact is that I
>> don't know if the elements are float values, vectors, objects or
>> transforms (which couldn't be output of course), or even others arrays.
>>
>> So my question is : is there a way to know ??
>

> The next version of MegaPOV will contain a feature to determine the type
> of a variable.
>
> Christoph

Post a reply to this message