POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using Conditional statements with Isosurfaces (Help) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Using Conditional statements with Isosurfaces (Help) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rob Richards
Subject: Using Conditional statements with Isosurfaces (Help)
Date: 11 Oct 2003 12:16:32
Message: <uoagovso6q5nld89k7rkg16vgm16fpmjld@4ax.com>
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to have an isosurface where a base
function has a one of two or more functions subtracted (or added)
based on the y value. I'm sure I remember seeing such a thing in the
original isosurface patch for pov 3 by R suzuki. I'm thinking of
something like the following

isosurface{
                  function{
			f_base(x,y,z)
		      #if (y>0.5)
			-function{f_detail_1(x,y,z)*.15}
		      #else
			-function{f_detail_2(x,y,z)*.15}
		      #end
		     }

	     texture(.....}
}

But this dosn't seem to work!

Does anyone know of a way to achieve the same result ?

Thanks i advance

Rob Richards

Post a reply to this message