POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with trace() Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with trace() (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Problems with trace()
Date: 13 Jun 2003 12:06:47
Message: <3ee9f697@news.povray.org>
Does it make a difference if I declare an array filled with objects
like this:

#declare Object_List=array[3] { sphere{...},cylinder{},box{} }

or like this:
#declare Object_List=array[3]
#declare Object_List[1]=sphere{...}
#declare Object_List[2]=cylinder{...}
#declare Object_List[3]=box{...}

Somehow my algorithm has no problems with first version,
but doesn't run properly with second (and yes, the array is
fully declared before that part runs).

I'm looking further into this, but I found this very strange. I'll
experiment with using the same objects in both versions
and move on from there. Perhaps someone already knows
something I should know... :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

Post a reply to this message

> Does it make a difference if I declare an array filled with objects
> like this:
>
> #declare Object_List=array[3] { sphere{...},cylinder{},box{} }
>
> or like this:
> #declare Object_List=array[3]
> #declare Object_List[1]=sphere{...}
> #declare Object_List[2]=cylinder{...}
> #declare Object_List[3]=box{...}

Don't you think you should better use:

#declare Object_List=array[3]
#declare Object_List[0]=sphere{...}
#declare Object_List[1]=cylinder{...}
#declare Object_List[2]=box{...}

???

Christoph

Well, yeah. That was a typo in the message, not
in the actual code. I'll continue stating something when
I've experimented some more...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde