POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Saving an object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Saving an object? (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: ABX
Subject: Re: Saving an object?
Date: 8 Apr 2003 04:25:38
Message: <qa159vss0903hu8oms990f7nees385mv0q@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:32:24 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> In article <78b39vs5bju40d2eu1otajq7hksq0imic0@4ax.com> , ABX
> <abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:
>
> > So there is no way to use photons data for multiplatform distributed rendering?
> > I'm surprised.
>
> Since when is "multiplatform distributed rendering" a feature of an official
> version of POV-Ray?

It's very popular to split animation into parts rendered on various machines.
6.10.5.4: "The photon map itself is view-independent, so if you want to animate
a scene that contains photons and you know the photon map will not change during
the animation, you can save it on the first frame and then load it for all
subsequent frames". Perhaps this should be extended about binary nature of this
file and portability limitations.

ABX

Post a reply to this message