POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Shifting focus Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Shifting focus (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Andrew Coppin
Subject: Shifting focus
Date: 8 Mar 2003 14:23:54
Message: <3e6a434a@news.povray.org>
I don't know what the name for this effect is, but a lot of adverts seem to
be using it.

The best example I can this of is from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the
Ring. (If you haven't seen this, the next bit won't make sense.) Just after
Frodo & co fall down the bank and find the bunch of mushrooms, Frodo looks
down the road, and yells at the others to "get off the road".

But anyway, as he looks down the road, they do a camera trick where the
foreground seems to move away, and yet the background gets nearer.

Anyway, after that long and convoluted description... what's this trick
called, and can POV-Ray do it? (That's all I wanted to know. *heh*)

Andrew.

Post a reply to this message