POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray 2.? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 2.? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: A  Huxtable
Subject: POV-Ray 2.?
Date: 21 Jan 2003 15:54:42
Message: <3e2db392@news.povray.org>
--
    Can anyone provide me with a link or web adress where I can download
older versions of POV-Ray. On the POV-Ray site itself I can't find anything
older than version 3.0.
    What I need is a version that will render Halo's correctly - PLEASE
HELP.

If any member of the POV Team happen to read this : "What on earth have you
done with the halo's and why ?

p.s. !0 out of !0 for a top class program!"

Post a reply to this message

A. Huxtable <A.H### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>     Can anyone provide me with a link or web adress where I can download
> older versions of POV-Ray. On the POV-Ray site itself I can't find anything
> older than version 3.0.
>     What I need is a version that will render Halo's correctly - PLEASE
> HELP.

  POV-Ray 2.x will not render your halos since they were introduced in 3.0.

> If any member of the POV Team happen to read this : "What on earth have you
> done with the halo's and why ?

  The current media in POV-Ray 3.5 is much more versatile and logical
than the halos in 3.0.