POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Change in Image_Map => function? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Change in Image_Map => function? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: Change in Image_Map => function?
Date: 10 Sep 2002 17:55:05
Message: <3d7e6a39@news.povray.org>
I could really use some help on this. Prior to the final release of 3.5, I
got a very different result from using an image map for a function in an
iso. In the old version (some 3.5 beta...), the image actually "formed" the
iso. Now it is simply mapped onto the surface. I am using the same image as
a pigment, but the sphere itself did not appear in the old image, as you can
see in p.b.i. I need to redo this scene using a new set of TGA files so I
would very much like some suggestions on how to recreate the old effect in
which the image in the image map itself generates or alters the form of the
iso.
Here's the code from the scenes is in pbi - it no longer creates the effect
I am after (nothing else has changed.)

#declare MAP = pigment {
 image_map {  tga concat("e:\\me\\me", str(clock*356,-3,0), .tga")
    map_type 1 interpolate 2 }}

#declare PF = function {pigment { MAP }}

#declare Sphere = function { pow(x,x)+pow(y,y)+pow(z,z) }

#declare test =
  isosurface {function {(1 - PF(x, y, z).grey) * 0.4 + Sphere(x, y, z)}
    max_gradient 80
    threshold 0.9
    contained_by { sphere { 0, 0.999 } }
    no_shadow
    pigment { MAP }
    finish { ambient 0.8 specular .2 diffuse 0.7 }
    rnd_rotate() }

thanks for any help.
Dennis

Post a reply to this message

> Here's the code from the scenes is in pbi - it no longer creates the
effect
> I am after (nothing else has changed.)

Perhaps the code in the hfsphere.zip file in the page below could help.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources09.htm

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com