POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Rocks (not in my head...) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Rocks (not in my head...) (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Defective
Subject: Rocks (not in my head...)
Date: 4 Apr 2002 22:19:33
Message: <3cad17c5@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a scene for which I need a few rocks.

I know I've seen the kind of thing I want in various places, but no
source...

I've tried using Height Fields and can't seem to get the effect I'm looking
for.  What I'd like to end up with is a few granite-like boulders poking up
through the ground

 I'm thinking isosurfaces would do wonderfully, but have no idea where to
start.

Anybody willing to throw some ideas my way?

Scott

Post a reply to this message