POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Suggestions on creating debris Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions on creating debris (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Suggestions on creating debris
Date: 28 Mar 2002 14:34:05
Message: <3ca3702d@news.povray.org>
I've benn thinking about how to create debris for my current WIP
(p.b.i 25/03/02 Night Attack) and the only way I can currently
think of is the difference of a box and multiple height fields all randomly
rotated and scaled.

I'm sure there's a better way.

Gail
* gai### [at] mwebcoza                *   Chaos, disorder and panic      *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   My job here is done.           *
* This is how the world ends. Swallowed in fire, but not in darkness    *

You could do a particle system, assuming it's taking place on a plane. You
could do an iso surface, it would produce better results than a height
field. You may be able to use media.