POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface terrains... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface terrains... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From:  Light Beam
Subject: Isosurface terrains...
Date: 8 Mar 2002 16:30:15
Message: <3c892d67@news.povray.org>
Can you tell me how to "simply" make a isosurface using an image_map to make
a terrain (kind of iso-heighfield !!!) do you know what I men ? tell me
YES...   ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Isosurface terrains...
Date: 8 Mar 2002 16:48:12
Message: <3C89319C.FE72C239@gmx.de>
_Light_Beam_ wrote:

> Can you tell me how to "simply" make a isosurface using an image_map to make
> a terrain (kind of iso-heighfield !!!) do you know what I men ? tell me

Have a look at

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/patterns.htm

and the 'landscape.pov' demo scene from POV-Ray 3.5 for examples.

If you use an image_map just make sure you use 'interpolate 2' to avoid
problems with infinite gradient.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,