POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : request for special lens-like shape Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  request for special lens-like shape (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rune
Subject: request for special lens-like shape
Date: 3 Mar 2002 07:26:27
Message: <3c821673@news.povray.org>
For an animation I'm making I need a special lens-like shape that have
certain properties. It should be kind of like a flattened sphere, or
actually more like a union between a torus and a cylinder (because it should
have a flat area), but without abrupt changes in curvature.

See the image in povray.binaries.images.

I don't think any CSG will do the trick, but maybe someone can come up with
an isosurface function that'll work? Or something different.

Thanks in advance!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)