POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : milky glass problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  milky glass problem (Message 41 to 42 of 42)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: milky glass problem
Date: 27 Feb 2002 11:28:51
Message: <chrishuff-4D5C84.11284427022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c7cf5cf@news.povray.org>,

> but for some of the triangles. Just ALL or NONE is less usable than a way to
> define a GROUP within a mesh. Why should have a mesh a homogenous interior
> regardless of it's structure?

Because it is a single object, and thus only has one interior.
But you are only restricted to a single interior, it does not have to be
homogenous. Media can have its density vary according to a pattern. The
thing that doesn't make any sense would be for individual triangles of a
mesh to have their own interiors. This has been explained many times,
and is for fairly obvious reasons, I don't know why you don't understand
it.
If different parts of your object are composed of different materials,
you should probably be using a union of several meshes.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Date: 28 Feb 2002 01:50:55
Message: <3c7dd34f@news.povray.org>
> and is for fairly obvious reasons, I don't know why you don't understand
> it.
> If different parts of your object are composed of different materials,
> you should probably be using a union of several meshes.

Just because you can't imagine an object whose inner structure is
defined/influenced by it's outer shape it doesn't mean that I don't
understand the limitations implemented in the code.