POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Snow texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Snow texture (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Edward Wedig
Subject: Snow texture
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:30:30
Message: <3bcc3676$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have a good snow texture? I need something like the texture of
fields of snow; blinding white in the light, kinda bluish in the shadow.
What I'm using now is:
texture{
  pigment {color rgb <0.7,0.7,0.85>}
         normal {wrinkles 0.3 scale 2}
           finish {ambient 0.4 diffuse 0.8}
         }

But it still isn't looking right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

-Ed

Post a reply to this message