POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How would you a iris thing like in camera???? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  How would you a iris thing like in camera???? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: GrndAdmThrawn
Subject: How would you a iris thing like in camera????
Date: 5 May 2001 00:39:42
Message: <3af3840e$2@news.povray.org>
you know those thing that open and close kind of like a iris i'm trying to
work on a project and i can't figure out how to create a iris thing like in
a 35mm camera the f-stop thing. i would like to make one that completly
closes then completly opens up depending on what setting but i can't figure
out how. and i'm not sure how to go around doing this.

Post a reply to this message

> you know those thing that open and close kind of like a iris i'm trying to
> work on a project and i can't figure out how to create a iris thing like in
> a 35mm camera the f-stop thing. i would like to make one that completly
> closes then completly opens up depending on what setting but i can't figure
> out how. and i'm not sure how to go around doing this.

Look in povray.text.scene-files for a thread titled "openable iris" date
Dec. 3, 1998. There is an iris macro available there.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message