POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random number generator needed ! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Random number generator needed ! (Message 1 to 10 of 41)
From: Rune
Subject: Random number generator needed !
Date: 20 Feb 2001 14:59:36
Message: <3a92cca8@news.povray.org>
I need a macro that outputs a random number between 0 and 1 when called. It
should have two integers as input. The reason I can't just use rand() and
seed() is that I need it to always output the same random number when the
same input numbers are used.

I need a macro like this: Rand (Int1, Int2)

I don't know anything about random number generators myself, so some help
would be much appreciated.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

> should have two integers as input. The reason I can't just use rand() and
> seed() is that I need it to always output the same random number when the
> same input numbers are used.

what about:
#macro random(a,b)
	#local S = seed(a+b);
	rand(S)
#end

For what do you need this? A subdivision-surface?

Lutz-Peter

Post a reply to this message