POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air resistance Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Air resistance (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Rune
Subject: Air resistance
Date: 15 Feb 2001 16:08:22
Message: <3a8c4546@news.povray.org>
How can I simulate air resistance to the movement of an object? If the
object is moving with the velocity V, what will happen to the velocity (or
speed) over time? In which way will it decrease? Linearly, exponentially, or
something different?

Just to check if my general understanding of the terms is correct: I'd say
that gravity increases the speed of an object linearly (assuming the object
is falling downwards). Is that correct?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org