POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Unit Macros??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Unit Macros??? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: POV-Ray
Subject: Unit Macros???
Date: 6 Feb 2001 15:10:53
Message: <3a805a4d$1@news.povray.org>
At some point, in the last month or two, I saw something about macros for
working in actual units.  (ie: feet, inches...)  I can't seem to find any
reference...

Anybody remember this? or have any idea?

Defective O-O

Post a reply to this message

A while back on the Rendering Time's POVabilities column Sonya Roberts
presented a unit to do this.  You can get it from
http://www.spake.org/rtimes/article/v2i1/povv2i1a.htm.  It's inside the zip
file for the examples.

--
the autowitch

"POV-Ray" <def### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> At some point, in the last month or two, I saw something about macros for
> working in actual units.  (ie: feet, inches...)  I can't seem to find any
> reference...
>
> Anybody remember this? or have any idea?
>
> Defective O-O

Post a reply to this message

Thanks.  I've been working on a log cabin design for a week now and messed
up the dimentions at least twice a day...

Defective O-O

"autowitch" <autowitch@autoNOSPAMwitch> wrote in message
> A while back on the Rendering Time's POVabilities column Sonya Roberts
> presented a unit to do this.  You can get it from
> http://www.spake.org/rtimes/article/v2i1/povv2i1a.htm.  It's inside the
zip
> file for the examples.
>
> --
> the autowitch
>
> "POV-Ray" <def### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> > At some point, in the last month or two, I saw something about macros
for
> > working in actual units.  (ie: feet, inches...)  I can't seem to find
any
> > reference...
> >
> > Anybody remember this? or have any idea?
> >
> > Defective O-O

Post a reply to this message

>At some point, in the last month or two, I saw something about macros for
>working in actual units.  (ie: feet, inches...)  I can't seem to find any
>reference...

I've got an include file that does this: the Real Units include file,
available from http://www.geocities.com/rengaw03/povray.html
--
Mark

Post a reply to this message