POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animation File Formats Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Animation File Formats (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: David Vincent-Jones
Subject: Animation File Formats
Date: 21 Nov 2000 12:02:38
Message: <3a1aaaae@news.povray.org>
I have been formatting my animations as.AVI files to put onto my website,
but that requires that a viewer download the entire file before they can
start seing the first frame.

Since my frames are best viewed a few seconds apart and the download time
for the large .AVI file is getting totally out of hand I am looking for an
alternate format to plug in to the web page.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

David

Post a reply to this message

> I have been formatting my animations as.AVI files to put onto my website,
> but that requires that a viewer download the entire file before they can
> start seing the first frame.
> Since my frames are best viewed a few seconds apart and the download time
> for the large .AVI file is getting totally out of hand I am looking for an
> alternate format to plug in to the web page.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

AFAIK you can watch MOV as it downloads (at least in Netscape with quicktime
plugins)
I saw one the other day that downloaded faster than the frame rate ;)

--
Bye
Pabs