POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : IR imaging Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  IR imaging (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Benoit Debaque
Subject: IR imaging
Date: 14 Jul 2003 17:21:48
Message: <3f131eec@news.povray.org>
Anyone tried to use PovRay for IR or thermal imaging ?

Tx for any help.

Ben.

Post a reply to this message

From: JC (Exether)
Subject: Re: IR imaging
Date: 17 Jul 2003 05:00:41
Message: <3F1665B8.2030907@spam.fr>
Salut Ben,

I'm not sure what you want to do exactly. It seems to me that doing IR
rendering with POVRay is just a question of setting the textures
according to IR object emission (ie heat) instead of according to the
classical visible spectrum. If you want to switch between day and night
textures you might make macros out of your objects with a parameter
saying which texture should be visible.

I hope that answers your question,

JC

Benoit Debaque wrote:
> Anyone tried to use PovRay for IR or thermal imaging ?
>
> Tx for any help.
>
> Ben.

Post a reply to this message