POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : texture mapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  texture mapping (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jan Bouecke
Subject: texture mapping
Date: 22 Nov 2002 07:03:47
Message: <3DDE1D23.4030404@neuroinfortmatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Hello
I have the problem to put a face scin texture to a mesh of triangles.
But the texture isn't cylindrical or shrerical, I only have a set of
corresponding points between face and scin.
Is there any way to solve this?

JD

Post a reply to this message

> I have the problem to put a face scin texture to a mesh of triangles.
> But the texture isn't cylindrical or shrerical, I only have a set of
> corresponding points between face and scin.
> Is there any way to solve this?

You need uv-mapping. See section 6.7.7(.2) in the docs.

--
objects.povworld.org - The POV-Ray Objects Collection
book.povworld.org    - The POV-Ray Book Project

Post a reply to this message

>>I have the problem to put a face scin texture to a mesh of triangles.
>>But the texture isn't cylindrical or shrerical, I only have a set of
>>corresponding points between face and scin.
>>Is there any way to solve this?
>>

>You need uv-mapping. See section 6.7.7(.2) in the docs.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

>I have the problem to put a face scin texture to a mesh of triangles.
>But the texture isn't cylindrical or shrerical, I only have a set of
>corresponding points between face and scin.
>Is there any way to solve this?

If you can manage to translate your mesh data into a Wavefront OBJ file,
then you can use UVmapper to align the UV map however you want. Once
you've done that you can convert it back to POV format with something
like Obj2pov.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure