POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : operator ^ gone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  operator ^ gone? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: operator ^ gone?
Date: 21 Jun 2002 23:47:40
Message: <3D140FDD.68BDA7EE@joplin.com>
I've got POV3.5.beta.RC6.icl.win32 running on Antlon 1.2ghz

I was going through my old  ISO files when I came across this error:

    #declare Sm=function{ .15*x^2+3*y}
                                              ^
             parse error: operator expected but found ^ instead

I change it to 'x*x' in that file and it work fine.

At first I thought that maybe that my I had forgoten about that syntex. But then
on other old files
I had use the '^' so many times that there is no way that it didn't work before.

So my question is this: Is the problem with my system or with RC6?

--
Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message

Never mind, I really should drop in on bug reports more often..

--
Have Fun!