POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : questions concerning camera and light Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  questions concerning camera and light (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Herman Serras
Subject: questions concerning camera and light
Date: 19 Mar 2002 05:18:54
Message: <3C97108F.AC2AA57C@pandora.be>
It's already mentioned many times that the changes in the camera syntax
in the more recent 3.5 beta versions gives rise to some confusion. I'm
not at all an advanced Povray user.
I use Povray to produce pictures and animations to illustrate some of my
mathematical oriented pages, in this case mostly about polyhedra.
So I think the best choice for the camera is the orthographic one. Now I
have to put this type of camera as the first item in the camera
definition, but unitl now I didn't find a systematic way to define the
next items: what items are necessary (right, look-at, direction,
angle...) and what combinations don't work. So most times it's trial and
error. I think there must be a rather simple way to define my camera,
also because the object in most cases are centered around the origin.
My second problem concerns light. For my illustrations it't not at all
needed to use sophisticated lights. Also for this case it's most trial
and error. I put several lights and also use "shadowless". Is there a
possibility to obtain some uniform lighting in a simple way?
The sort of pictures I produce can be found on my website (see
signature).
I hope somebody can help me or give me a hint where to find useful
information.
Greetings and thanks!
--
Herman Serras