POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Beta.11 bug? (interior_texture) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Beta.11 bug? (interior_texture) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: RAY
Subject: Beta.11 bug? (interior_texture)
Date: 15 Feb 2002 16:38:22
Message: <3c6d7fce$1@news.povray.org>
I have a box I am using for an infinite reflection (for a nice M. C. Esther
bit like Rune has done) I specified reflection 1 with the camera inside the
box (using interior_texture), but that didn't reflect until i put in a
transmit (or filter) component, as if the finish {} statement effected the
outside, even from inside the interior_texture{} statement.  Is this a bug
or a little known feature? Has it been found before?

source: (add t or f to make rgbt(f) on the box and it works)
camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
  look_at   <1.0, 1.0,  1.0>
  right     x*image_width/image_height
}
light_source {
  0*x
  color rgb <1,1,1>
}
box {
    <-1, -1, -1>
    < 1,  1,  1>
    hollow
    interior_texture{
      pigment {rgb 1}
      finish  {reflection 1 ambient 1}
    }
    interior { media {emission .025}}
    pigment {rgb 1}
}
// the media is for reflection decay
sphere {
    <.5,.5,.5>
   .1
   pigment { rgb <1,0,0>}
}
 Yours truly,

                  RAY

Post a reply to this message

> (for a nice M. C. Esther bit like Rune has done)

Mauritz' lesser known cousin Esther.

--
signature{
  "Grey Knight" contact{ email "gre### [at] yahoocom" }