POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : hf and slope Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  hf and slope (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: hf and slope
Date: 21 Mar 2001 10:29:40
Message: <3AB8C8C9.28987995@psu.edu>
Does anyone have any code for a height-field which has been textured
with slope dependant textures?? I can't seem to get it  and would like
to look and some good code....
thanks

paul
--

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have any code for a height-field which has been textured
> with slope dependant textures?? I can't seem to get it  and would like
> to look and some good code....
> thanks

It's fairly simple, just start with slope y and a simple color map.

For a more complicated example using the additional functionality of the
slope pattern look at: